user-opinion poll?! [was: Would this be useful?]

Martin Hudec corwin at aeternal.net
Wed Apr 21 16:55:12 UTC 2004

Hello Roman,

	I do agree with you in all..

	You mentioned statistic point of view :), well when I was returning from
London, UK, I found a nice quote on a sandwich paper :)..

"Statistics are like bikini,
what they reveal is interesting,
what they hide is vital"

So much for statistics..

	As far as -questions list is concerned, well it looks like FreeBSD
might be receiving more and more attention from users of other operating
systems, like linux has and is receiving from Windows users. They've migrated
from Windows to linux (generally mainly because it was/is IN, it was/is actual,
it was/is something prestigeous, and it allowed/s someone to refer to other
Windows users as BFU, lamers etc etc), just to experience the feel and function
of Unix like system, and when they started to want more and more (and to get
rid of dependency hell as is usual on poor maintained rpm based systems for
example) they found BSD Family.. And they are oriented in the basics at least..
but what about Windows user going straight to BSD? Well maybe someone like this
posted that question to maillist. I, personally, do not want the project to
cater that kind of people too, but let's assume that they are capable of learning
new things.. and that one day, they will be much more experienced and they will
become more valued part of community.

	Cheers,

	Martin

Martin Hudec		| corwin at aeternal.net