Would this be useful?

Allen/Gore/SlackWareWolf goreBOFH at comcast.net
Tue Apr 20 14:35:33 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 20 April 2004 02:27, Erich Dollansky wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Allen/Gore/SlackWareWolf wrote:
> > Hi list, this is my first message here, but I'll get to the point;
> > I really like writing documentation for the installation of OSs
> > sometimes, and I think a lot of newbies to *NIX find  Free BSD hard to
> > install, the same people think that way about Slackware Linux too, and I
> > did write a nice tutorial on Slackware that was step by step, and even
> > told you how many times to push which button to install it.
> >
> > I'v been thinking about writing one for Free BSD that would go through an
> > install step by step, and make it as easy as the other I did. Would this
> > maybe help people or be a waste of time?
>
> This would be very helpfull for the acceptance of FreeBSD for 'normal'
> users.
>
> Dispite using Unix and other operating systems since the late Seventies,
> I feel once in a while lost because I do not understand the documentation.
>
> A documentation you suggest would make it much easier for the user to
> overcome at least the problem even if he does not understand why he was
> able to overcome it.
>
> Erich

Thank you and thank you Marc. I'm waiting for a mail reply before I start, but
I will start working on it. It will be my first  Free BSD tutorial so I want
to make sure it is good before I let it out. I should have a day off in the
nex few days so I can get it going, I'll let you knwo though. Thanks again!
http://www.linux.org
http://www.bsd.org
http://www.suse.com
http://www.slackware.org