Would this be useful?

Erich Dollansky oceanare at pacific.net.sg
Tue Apr 20 06:30:36 UTC 2004

Hi,

Allen/Gore/SlackWareWolf wrote:
> Hi list, this is my first message here, but I'll get to the point;
> I really like writing documentation for the installation of OSs sometimes, and
> I think a lot of newbies to *NIX find  Free BSD hard to install, the same
> people think that way about Slackware Linux too, and I did write a nice
> tutorial on Slackware that was step by step, and even told you how many times
> to push which button to install it.
>
> I'v been thinking about writing one for Free BSD that would go through an
> install step by step, and make it as easy as the other I did. Would this
> maybe help people or be a waste of time?

This would be very helpfull for the acceptance of FreeBSD for 'normal'
users.

Dispite using Unix and other operating systems since the late Seventies,
I feel once in a while lost because I do not understand the documentation.

A documentation you suggest would make it much easier for the user to
overcome at least the problem even if he does not understand why he was
able to overcome it.

Erich