Online 5-current release notes: s/dev_db/dev_mkdb/ throughout

Bruce A. Mah bmah at freebsd.org
Mon Oct 20 15:19:56 UTC 2003

If memory serves me right, Michel Lavondes wrote:
> The following URLs use dev_db to refer to what I suspect is actually
> dev_mkdb (unless it was renamed between 4.x and 5.x). Context:
>
>    The dev_db utility is unnecessary due to the mandatory presence of
>    devfs, and has been removed.

You're quite right (as far as I know).  I've fixed this, although it
might take a day or so for a Web site rebuild to pick up the change.
Thanks for pointing this out!

> (Sorry, I know the HTML docs are generated from other files, but I don't
> have 5-current docs installed locally, so I can't grep them, and I thought
> that accurate, possibly incomplete information was better than possibly
> misleading guesses from the RCS/CVS data in the HTML docs. Also, I
> assumed, perhaps incorrectly, that this wasn't specific to the web-based
> docs.)

You're right...all versions of the release notes (whether they're
displayed on the Web site, my snapshot page, or on the release media)
are generated from a single set of SGML files.

Thanks again!

Bruce.