docs/50349: make release fails with NO_OPENSSH and ! NOKERBEROS

Ruslan Ermilov ru at FreeBSD.org
Sat Oct 4 19:04:18 UTC 2003

On Sat, Oct 04, 2003 at 12:56:26AM +0200, Stijn Hoop wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 03, 2003 at 02:48:55PM -0700, Ruslan Ermilov wrote:
> > Synopsis: make release fails with NO_OPENSSH and ! NOKERBEROS
> >
> > State-Changed-From-To: open->closed
> > State-Changed-By: ru
> > State-Changed-When: Fri Oct 3 14:47:38 PDT 2003
> > State-Changed-Why:
> > Sorry, but we don't currently support building releases
> > without the crypto dists.
>
> As I discovered :)
>
> 2 things:
>
> - why not document the NOKERBEROS knob anyway?

Good idea.  Please submit a patch for make.conf(5).  ;)

> - Just out of curiosity's sake, what would be the major obstacle to making this
>   work (a release without crypto dists)? If you don't know it's ok, but if you
>   have some pointers I might convince my boss to let me take another look at
>   this (hmm it just hit me that I could also build a release with the crypto
>   present and then just not install it...)

It can be done, by teaching release/Makefile to build world with NOCRYPT
and a lot of other hacking that will obfuscate it, but I just don't see
much point doing this -- it seems much easier to me to remove the crypto
distribution from the release media.

Mark, what do you think?

Cheers,
--