docs/54806: [patch] adds fvwm2 to x11-wm

Josef El-Rayes j.el-rayes at daemon.li
Thu Jul 24 20:00:34 UTC 2003

The following reply was made to PR docs/54806; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Josef El-Rayes <j.el-rayes at daemon.li>
To: "Gary W. Swearingen" <underway at comcast.net>
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit at FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: docs/54806: [patch] adds fvwm2 to x11-wm
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 21:52:47 +0200

 "Gary W. Swearingen" <underway at comcast.net> wrote:
 >  I didn't see where the PR mentioned what chapter this is.
 i have to admit i was a bit sloppy here. for me x11-wm (the name of the
 file that generates) was enough. next time i will give more verbose
 information on this.

 >  > +	<para>FVWM is an extremely powerful ICCCM-compliant multiple virtual
 >  > +	desktop window manager, designed to minimal memory consumption.
 >  Did you mean to say ", designed to minimize memory consumption."?
 i was not aware of the subtle difference between these two expressions
 :) i am more of a technican than a linguist. i will be more careful in
 the future.

 >  Thanks for thinking of good old "fvwm".
 for me it is (as i expressed it in my patch) the 'mother of wm', so it
 deserves an entry in the handbook, when we talk about desktops.

 greets and thanks for the feedback,
 josef
 --
 www: http://www.daemon.li