docs/54806: [patch] adds fvwm2 to x11-wm

Gary W. Swearingen underway at comcast.net
Thu Jul 24 17:20:15 UTC 2003

The following reply was made to PR docs/54806; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: underway at comcast.net (Gary W. Swearingen)
To: Josef El-Rayes <j.el-rayes at daemon.li>
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit at FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: docs/54806: [patch] adds fvwm2 to x11-wm
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 10:09:40 -0700

 Josef El-Rayes <j.el-rayes at daemon.li> writes:

 > --- chapter.sgml.diff begins here ---

 I didn't see where the PR mentioned what chapter this is.

 > +	<para>FVWM is an extremely powerful ICCCM-compliant multiple virtual
 > +	desktop window manager, designed to minimal memory consumption.

 Did you mean to say ", designed to minimize memory consumption."?

 But giving window manager designers the benefit of my doubt, I suppose
 they can all honestly say they designed that way, so it might be
 better to have some weasel words like " which uses less memory than
 many other popular window managers."

 Thanks for thinking of good old "fvwm".

 (I tried using some others but am using it again because it's both
 simple enough and powerful enough to easily do what I want it to do.)