problems do start starx in my notebook

Edison Pignaton de Freitas edisonpf at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 23 02:48:08 UTC 2003

Hi,

      I have a notebook Satellite 3000-214, and now I want to install the freeBSD SO, together with windows XP that came with my notebook. I made a partition to install the new SO, and I with the FreeBSD install program I made the swap and FS partitions. I manage to install the system, but the graphic mode doesn't work anyway! I tryed all, but I didn't manage put it in work! even the mouse (USB - a thing that I thought that could be difficult to set in this system...) works in text mode... I tryed to setup in the sysinstall the XF86Config, and after in text mode with the vi. I think that the problem is with the is the configuration of the monitor, in the horizsync and vertRefresh parameters.... I tryed many confs that I found in the internet... h: 31,5- 62; v: 30-50 ... and many other combinations... but it doesn't work!  When I try "startx", apper in the many thin vertical shining color lines on the monitor. Could you give a help?

Thank you,
Edison Pignaton de Freitas.