...but useful results, nonetheless: an article about NFS

Chuck Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Sun Jul 6 03:34:46 UTC 2003

A few years ago, I wrote up a two-part document about NFS, the automounter, and
so forth.  It covers material related to the "handbook/network-nfs.html" section
of the handbook, albeit with a different focus.

http://www.pkix.net/~chuck/NFS/article.html

[ See http://www.pkix.net/~chuck/NFS/ for the text and sgml sources. ]

Does anyone know why I get ~250 lines resembling the following:

/usr/local/bin/jade:/usr/local/share/sgml/docbook/dsssl/modular/catalog:28:0:W:
DTDDECL catalog entries are not supported
/usr/local/bin/jade:/usr/local/share/sgml/docbook/dsssl/modular/catalog:28:0:W:
DTDDECL catalog entries are not supported

...?  The area around line 28 of
/usr/local/share/sgml/docbook/dsssl/modular/catalog is:

PUBLIC "-//Norman Walsh//DTD DocBook HTML 1.0//EN"
   dtds/html/dbhtml.dtd

DTDDECL "-//Norman Walsh//DTD DocBook HTML 1.0//EN"
   dtds/html/dbhtml.dcl

PUBLIC "-//Norman Walsh//DTD Image Library 1.0//EN"
   dtds/imagelib/imagelib.dtd

[ Can I remove the middle section and receive less warnings?  Or is my version
of jade or whatever else out-of-date due to some local dependency issue? ]

Thanks,
--
-Chuck