Documentation of major changes to the ports collection

Bruce A. Mah bmah at FreeBSD.org
Wed Dec 3 18:41:15 UTC 2003

If memory serves me right, Erwin Lansing wrote:

> Although I'm all that happy about starting two new documents, I keep
> running into problems with how to combine the best of both worlds
> and perhaps the best would be both. One plaintext UPDATING-style where
> all ports-committers can add items for developers to and one relnotes-style,
> which rotates at each release and is published at the website more oriented
> at users.

This might be a good approach.  The second document could actually be
implemented as a part of the existing release notes, since it's tied
fairly strongly to particular releases of the base system.

Bruce.