RFC: Restructure of the front page

Josef El-Rayes j.el-rayes at daemon.li
Mon Dec 1 19:58:06 UTC 2003

Tom Rhodes <trhodes at FreeBSD.org> wrote:
> > i was wondering why you removed the events link from
> > the frontpage, is there a certain reason?

> Because that information, in my opinion, is redundant.  Everything
> in that area can be found on the right side under the 4.9 links.

hmm, i have the feeling we are talking about 2 different things here.

i was actually talking about the link to the events page, where we list all freebsd related events, like
conferences. why is this redundant with the news/press
section which does (should) not cover the events,
which get seperately listed at www.freebsd.org/events/?

sorry if i just misunderstood your answer.

-josef