bsd.kmod.mk and manual pages.

Pawel Jakub Dawidek nick at garage.freebsd.pl
Tue Aug 26 15:53:03 UTC 2003

On Tue, Aug 26, 2003 at 10:56:21AM -0400, Tom Rhodes wrote:
+> Usually driver manual pages are added to section four, and then
+> they are built with the Makefile from that location.
+>
+> Or did I misinterpret your question?

I want to create Makefile for kernel module:

---[ Makefile start ]---
KMOD=	foo
SRCS=	foo.c
MAN=	foo.4

.include <bsd.kmod.mk>
---[ Makefile end ]---

As you can see, manual page is in the same directory, but bsd.kmod.mk
ignores 'MAN' variable, so manual page isn't gziped on 'make' nor
installed on 'make install'.

For example bsd.prog.mk know how to handle 'MAN' variable.

So my question is: Is there some clean way to prepare Makefile which will
handle module with manual page?

Pawel Jakub Dawidek                       pawel at dawidek.net
UNIX Systems Programmer/Administrator     http://garage.freebsd.pl
Am I Evil? Yes, I Am!                     http://cerber.sourceforge.net