docs/32054: inconsistency between index.3 and rindex.3

Simon L. Nielsen simon at nitro.dk
Wed Apr 30 23:00:15 UTC 2003

The following reply was made to PR docs/32054; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Simon L. Nielsen" <simon at nitro.dk>
To: freebsd-gnats-submit at freebsd.org, SUZUKI Koichi <koich at cac.co.jp>
Subject: Re: docs/32054: inconsistency between index.3 and rindex.3
Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 00:55:08 +0200

 --umrsQkkrw7viUWFs

 On 2003.04.30 15:30:09 -0700, Simon L. Nielsen wrote:
 >  It seems very logical to merge the two man pages like suggested in the
 >  PR.  I have a few minor changed to the patch that Giorgos Keramidas
 >  <keramida at freebsd.org> added to the PR :

 Having sent this I of course went to look if this was a generel issue
 and found that actually strchr / strrchr are identical to index / rindex
 and are in fact implemented from the same .c files.

 Wouldn't it make sense to merge the man pages for all for pages since
 all of them are very short and basically identical ?

 Unless somebody tells me this is a bad idea I think I will do a new
 patch to merge all four man pages...

 --=20
 Simon L. Nielsen

 --umrsQkkrw7viUWFs