dump(8): small correction/addition

David Magda dmagda+fdocs at magda.ca
Sun Apr 27 22:52:33 UTC 2003

Hello,

I've filed PR docs/51133 a while back, but figured that dump(8)
should also be updated as well.

Basically rcmd(3) can use the environmental variable RSH to determine
which program to use when going to another host (by default rsh(1) is
used).

Currently dump(8) has the following:

ENVIRONMENT
     TAPE  Device from which to read backup.
     RMT   Pathname of the remote rmt(8) program.

Can someone add RSH to the list? Perhaps something along the lines of
"Program to use when connecting to a remote host"? The functionality
is present under both 4-stable and 5-current.

I don't know if restore(8) has the same option, but it seems logical
that it would.

--
David Magda <dmagda at ee.ryerson.ca>, http://www.magda.ca/