docs/50665: Handbook 19.4.5 uses 1st person

murray at FreeBSD.org murray at FreeBSD.org
Mon Apr 7 09:00:34 UTC 2003

>Number:         50665
>Category:       docs
>Synopsis:       Handbook 19.4.5 uses 1st person
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Environment:
System: FreeBSD builder.freebsdmall.com 4.8-RC FreeBSD 4.8-RC #21: Sun Mar 23 14:37:00 PST 2003 murray at builder.freebsdmall.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/BUILDER i386

The Advanced Networking : Bridging : Performance section includes an
outdated performance antecdote written in the first person.  I was
tempted to just remove the whole thing but there may be some utility
to such a performance testimonial if it can be done in more
professional way.  If this style must be used, then it should at least
start off with "One of the authors" instead of "I" and it should
probably be separated from the main flow of the text in a box or
footnote or something.  Alternatively, the personal testimonial style
can just be dropped in favor or more formal exposition.

>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:

Sorry no patch yet.