ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'zabbix'@'ritm' (using, password: YES)

Miroslav Lachman 000.fbsd at quip.cz
Fri Mar 2 15:26:54 UTC 2007

Rajen Jani (BT Yahoo! Broadband) wrote:

> Hello people,
>
>                Thanks for helping me out last time. I am still having
> the above problem. I did the following prior:
>
> shell>> mysql
>
> mysql> GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON zabbix TO .*  'zabbix'@'ritm' IDENTIFIED
> BY 'password';

You have wrong syntax of GRANT command. Right is:

mysql> GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON zabbix.* TO zabbix at ritm IDENTIFIED
BY 'password';

where first "zabbix" is database name and asterisk wildcard means "all
tables in this database", second "zabbix" is username and "ritm" is
hostname (FQDN or IP adrress) of the machine from which the user zabbix
will connect from. If database server and zabbix user is on the same
machine, it should be localhost.

Miroslav Lachman