ctm(1) deprecation in the FreeBSD base system?

Montgomery-Smith, Stephen stephen at missouri.edu
Sun Dec 23 01:40:56 UTC 2018

On 12/21/18 10:03 PM, Julian H. Stacey wrote:
>> The port Makefile that I have prepared is attached below for reference.
>> Regards, STefan
>
> Thanks Stefan,
> I took current /usr/ports/misc/ctm/
> & converted Stephen's & my diffs to be automatic ports patches:
>  http://berklix.com/~jhs/src/bsd/fixes/freebsd/ports/gen/misc/ctm/files/
>  http://berklix.com/~jhs/src/bsd/fixes/freebsd/ports/gen/misc/ctm/README.JHS
>
> Stephens diffs are essential, without them CTM broke long ago,
> (5 digit numeric names maybe ?)
>
> I haven't checked all execution as my ctm_rmail scripts run
> automaticaly on an older release, not my current box, but this is
> running OK so far:
> 	ctm -q /pub/FreeBSD/development/CTM/svn-cur/svn-cur.07000xEmpty.xz ;
> 	ctm -q /pub/FreeBSD/development/CTM/svn-cur/svn-cur.07[0-9][0-9][0-9].xz
>
> Stephen may be best person to test delta builds, as hes the delta originator.
>
> Soonish I'll set up a
> [freebsd-]ctm-src-12 on http://mailman.berklix.org/mailman/listinfo
> if Stephens' & my requests to postmaster @ & mailman @ freebsd.org
> continues to get no response.

Thank you for doing this, Stefan.  The additional patches mentioned by
Julian need to be included with the port before it can work and be
tested.  They are absolutely needed for the svn ctm deltas.

Sorry for not being involved during the last month or so.  Life and work
have been very busy.

Thanks, Stephen