update to r313530 corrupts OpenLDAP MDB:

O. Hartmann o.hartmann at walstatt.org
Mon Feb 13 05:25:18 UTC 2017

On last friday, I upfated a server to CURRENT:
FreeBSD 12.0-CURRENT #49 r313530: Fri Feb 10 00:43:50 CET 2017

after that and a reboot, OpenLDAP wasn't working anymore and quit service with
a error report like:

mdb_db_open: database "dc=something,dc=here"
cannot be opened: Bad File Desciptor (9). Restore from backup!

(I recall this from memory, after dealing with another update of the sources,
the error changed).

Now I receive the error shown below when trying to start OpenLDAP. What
happened here? Is FreeBSD killing MDB databases of LDAP now?

589f8451 mdb_db_open: database "dc=something,dc=here"
cannot be opened: File exists (17). Restore from backup!

Is there any hope of recovering the DB? Or is the advice "Restore from backup!"
bad omen?

Kind regards and thanks in advance,

Oliver