gptzfsboot trouble

Thomas Sparrevohn Thomas.Sparrevohn at btinternet.com
Wed Feb 8 11:50:19 UTC 2017

Getting more and more weird - Installed a vanilla 11-RELEASE using UFS rather ZFS and it issues no errors. Tried to roll back an older snapshot but getting issues as the pool is build using 11-CURRENT. Looking at the part - the LBA complained about is an empty sector (did a dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/ada1)  and then read the blocks but they are empty.

Both the UFS and ZFS was installed using GPT - and UFS does not complain. The disks are old and so is the host and should most likely be replaced anyhow but I am not sure if it will help.