r298143: something wrong with autofs?
ohartman at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Fri May 6 12:06:57 UTC 2016
Am Wed, 4 May 2016 20:41:51 +0200
Edward Tomasz Napiera?a <trasz at FreeBSD.org> schrieb:
> On 0503T1849, O. Hartmann wrote:
> > Am Sun, 17 Apr 2016 12:39:44 +0200
> > Edward Tomasz Napierała <trasz at FreeBSD.org> schrieb:
> > > On 0417T1057, O. Hartmann wrote:
> > > >
> > > > Running FreeBSD 11.0-CURRENT #32 r298143: Sun Apr 17 09:48:26 CEST 2016 amd64, on
> > > > both server and client, reveals today that AUTOFS seems not to work. Did something
> > > > changed unnoticed?
> > > >
> > > > I realized, that no exported filesystem is bound so far. On the server's side,
> > > > all
> > >
> > > "Bound"?
> > ... means: the cleint does not mount/bind the NFS exported filesystem anymore.
> > > > daemons necessary are configured as they were before in a working state and as I
> > > > can see so far, they are up and running and also listening to their
> > > > sockets/IPs.
> > >
> > > Could you describe in more detail what are you seeing? Also, the usual autofs
> > > debugging technique ("pkill automountd && while :; do automountd -d; done") might
> > > sched some light.
> > Well, I see nothing! That is my problem. I setup several NFSv4 exported filesystems
> > which were mounted on demand via autofs - that workd. Since I do not use/need those
> > filesystems on a dailt basis, I realized too late that in the meanwhile those
> > filesystems are not present on the client (autofs) anymore. I'm not aware of having
> > changed anything in the configuration and I didn't receive any heads-ups that
> > essential changes had been made.
> Hm, it certainly seems weird. Are the autofs instances mounted where
> there should be? Could you send me your /etc/auto_master, the maps,
> and dmesg output? Thanks!
sorry for the late answer. I can not (I'm not allowed!) offer config data from any of the
lab's/bureaus computers, so I decided to check again the whole config, since several
boxes do as expected and others not (which is the weird part). I found a simple culprit:
somewhere in the near past, /etc/auto_master received an update and I simply have
overwritten the old one with the new one. So the autofs system never checked the exported
filessystem's list given by a mandatory /etc/auto_ext file and in the logical consequence,
no filesystem defined there was mounted.
After simply adding the missing line the mounting of the expected filesystems worked
> freebsd-current at freebsd.org mailing list
> To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-current-unsubscribe at freebsd.org"
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 473 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
More information about the freebsd-current