drm-4.7-rc1 tagged

Matthew Macy mmacy at nextbsd.org
Fri Aug 12 07:21:12 UTC 2016

A few days ago I branched drm-next-4.6 in to drm-next and synced it with Torvalds' tree as of the v4.6 tag. I then integrated the ~800 commits to drm / i915 / radeon / amdgpu , testing periodically along the way and updating the linuxkpi as needed. I've just tagged the drm-next branch with drm-4.7-rc1 to indicate that it is in sync with 4.7-rc1 upstream.

If any of you are feeling adventurous I would appreciate it if you would try it and report any regressions with respect to drm-next-4.6. I'm aware that there are a number of issues with drm-next-4.6 so I'm only really interested in _new_ issues.

If you're feeling really adventurous - run the piglit test suite from the ports' xserver-next branch and do a root cause analysis on test failures.

As always the repo is at:
https://github.com/FreeBSDDesktop/freebsd-base-graphics

Look through the existing open issues before filing a report and check the wiki first to address any problems.

Cheers.

-M