[CURRENT]: weird memory/linker problem?

Dimitry Andric dim at FreeBSD.org
Mon Jun 23 15:22:58 UTC 2014

On 23 Jun 2014, at 16:31, O. Hartmann <ohartman at zedat.fu-berlin.de> wrote:
> Am Sun, 22 Jun 2014 10:10:04 -0700
> Adrian Chadd <adrian at freebsd.org> schrieb:
>> When they segfault, where do they segfault?
> GIMP, LaTeX work, nothing special, but a bit memory consuming regrading GIMP) I tried
> updating the ports tree and surprisingly the tree is left over in a unclean condition
> while /usr/bin/svn segfault (on console: pid 18013 (svn), uid 0: exited on signal 11
> (core dumped)).
>
> Using /usr/local/bin/svn, which is from the devel/subversion port, performs well, while
> FreeBSD 11's svn contribution dies as described. It did not hours ago!

I think what Adrian meant was: can you run svn (or another crashing
program) in gdb, and post a backtrace?  Or maybe run ktrace, and see
where it dies?

Alternatively, put a core dump and the executable (with debug info) in a
tarball, and upload it somewhere, so somebody else can analyze it.

-Dimitry