Binary packages for LibreOffice 3.5 or 3.4

Andriy Gapon avg at FreeBSD.org
Tue May 8 05:10:31 UTC 2012

on 07/05/2012 12:35 Baptiste Daroussin said the following:
> On Mon, May 07, 2012 at 09:20:06AM +0300, Andriy Gapon wrote:
>> on 07/05/2012 01:58 Baptiste Daroussin said the following:
>>> Well for libreoffice on freebsd clang is the official compiler, because
>>> 4.2.1 is just too old for libreoffice, and I never managed to make it built
>>> (the 3.5) with gcc from ports.
>>
>> What problem are you running into?
>> I am able to build the latest libreoffice with gcc46.
>
> Really with no modification on the ports?

Yes. (OK, I lied, see below)

> Are you sure you are not building it with clang which is forced by default?

Yes.  I set WITH_GCC in make.conf.

Some notes:
- I have boost 1.48 via the patches from the boost port maintainer (long overdue
to be committed)
- on one system I build (almost) all ports with gcc46 (base system is built in a
standard fashion)
- on another system I build (almost) all ports with base gcc (except, obviously,
those ports that have USE_GCC=4.6[+])

And, oh, almost forgot, I had to manually apply the attached patch in cppunit/
subdirectory on FreeBSD 10.  It seems that the source code in question is
extracted during build, so it is not possible to apply the patch during normal
patch target.  The patch is for the well-known FreeBSD1 vs FreeBSD10 confusion
in autotools.

--
Andriy Gapon