no X after installing xorg + xfce

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 00:31:34 UTC 2011

I added  this to /etc/rc.conf

>>> hald_enable="YES"
>>> dbus_enable="YES"

but machine still gives no working X :(

>>    This seems like more of a question@ issue.
>>    I doubt that the above claim is at fault, given past experience.
>> What does /var/log/Xorg.0.log say, and what does your xorg.conf
>> contain?
I would like to return this, but have no way of saving output :(

I have updated via ports to latest tree available and have used csup
to get kernel sources to install nvidia-driver, but kldload nvidia,
returns a mismatch another type of error, I recompiled xorg-server and
no hal was in configuration, but X does not work.

with nv, nvidia(after compilation), and noveau no working X :(

What can I do?  I have two machines with nvidia chipsets one
integrated in the motherboard and another nvidia Gforce card and amd64
8.2 works great.  This is an integrated motherboard.

As I am not an expert, I ask for advice/suggestions/comments to get this going.

Regards,

Antonio