Kernel panic at boot after an upgrade from 9.0-BETA1 to 9.0-BETA2

Garrett Cooper yanegomi at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 01:09:09 UTC 2011

On Thu, Sep 1, 2011 at 4:06 PM, Piotr Kubaj
<freebsd.current.list at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've upgraded today to beta 2 (with the newest sources atm). The procedure was as described in the handbook: make buildworld -j3; make buildkernel -j3 KERNCONF=MYKERNEL; make installkernel KERNCONF=MYKERNEL (the kernel I used was the same as for beta 1, for which it worked flawlessly); reboot and mergemaster -p, make installworld and mergemaster (all three from the single-user mode). The previous system was built on August 19. My architecture is amd64. Here's a photo of the error: http://imageshack.us/f/849/20110902001.jpg/

    Unfortunately that's lacking a few details. Some more helpful bits would be:

    1. A kernel backtrace (kgdb the kernel core, then run bt).
    2. KERNCONF file.
    3. What was the previous version of FreeBSD you had installed?
    4. What eventtimer are you using (that looks interesting if only
based on who was running when everything went south)?
    etc.
Thanks,
-Garrett