make release: doesn't work for me, getting recursive looping

Hartmann, O. ohartman at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Sat Jun 18 10:15:08 UTC 2011

Try to build a cdrom from most recent CURRENT/amd64 sources.

Issuing the follwing command fails the build process looping recursively
and indefinitely within the source folder /usr/src/release:

  make release cdrom CHROOTDIR=/unused/release/9.0/ SVNROOT/usr/src
BUILDNAME=9.0-CURRENT RELEASETAG=RELENG_9 NOPORTS=YES NODOC=YES

The chrooted folder is empty and as the doc says, it should be the
location where the release should be build. Since I do not use CVS
anymore, but SVN, I use SVNROOT instead of CVSROOT to point to the
location of the sources.

What's wrong in the picture? Am I misunderstanding something or is the
build proxess broken?

Thanks.

Oliver