How to disable CLANG & co build in buildworld?

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Fri Jun 11 20:00:40 UTC 2010

In message: <20100611.132052.271446115462387749.imp at bsdimp.com>
            "M. Warner Losh" <imp at bsdimp.com> writes:
: In message: <20100611185237.GL56080 at hoeg.nl>
:             Ed Schouten <ed at 80386.nl> writes:
: : Hello Andreas,
: :
: : * Andreas Tobler <andreast-list at fgznet.ch> wrote:
: : > I have a sparc64 machine which is quite slow. And for my purpose I
: : > do not need CLANG etc. atm.
: :
: : Clang is not enabled on sparc64, so there is no need to disable
: : anything. If you do want to disable Clang on i386, amd64, pc98 or
: : powerpc, add WITHOUT_CLANG=yes to /etc/src.conf, as described in
: : src.conf(5).
:
: Except that clang isn't quite disabled when cross-building, due to the
: issue I pointed out when the commit went in wrt bsd.own.mk.
: MACHINE_ARCH is still amd64 until we start to build the sparc64
: binaries, so anything in the bootstrapping part of the build will not
: be disabled.  that's one of many reasons disabling things in
: bsd.own.mk based on architecture is going to fail.

And even if you add WITHOUT_CLANG to your src.conf, we still always
build some of the clang infrastructure in the bootstrap tools
phase...  But we have to do that to avoid getting not being able to
build clang on an architecture that doesn't have it for an
architecture that does.

Warner