[HEADSUP] ZFS version 15 committed to head

Marco van Lienen marco+freebsd-current at lordsith.net
Sat Jul 17 18:21:35 UTC 2010

On Sat, Jul 17, 2010 at 10:12:10AM -0700, you (Freddie Cash) sent the following to the -current list:

> > I have read many things about those differences, but why then does zfs on opensolaris report more available space whereas FreeBSD does not?
> > That would imply that my friend running osol build 117 couldn't fill up his raidz pool past the 3.56T.
>
> You used different commands to check the disk space on OSol (zpool vs df).
>
> Try the same commands on both FreeBSD and OSol (zpool and zfs) and
> you'll see the same results.

I guess you missed my original mail of this thread in which I also showed the output of 'zfs list -r pool2' on osol where clearly there is more available space shown then on FreeBSD.

% zfs list -r pool2
NAME                                            USED  AVAIL  REFER  MOUNTPOINT
pool2                                          3.32T  2.06T  3.18T  /export/pool2

> df works differently on OSol than it does on FreeBSD, you can't compare them.

HTH