[CFT] ZFS v15 patch (version 3)

Ivan Voras ivoras at freebsd.org
Thu Jul 8 15:17:41 UTC 2010

On 07/08/10 01:11, V. T. Mueller, Continum wrote:
> Eric Masson schrieb:
>> Martin Matuska <mm at FreeBSD.org> writes:
>>> We decided not to go with v16 - the feature difference for FreeBSD
>>> between v15 and v16 is zero.
>>> (v16 = Common Multiprotocol SCSI Target (COMSTAR) for ISCSI export of
>>> ZVOLS - we don't do ISCSI export (yet))//
>> Is there any hope to see COMSTAR in FreeBSD anytime soon ?

I'm not a Solaris guy but from
http://hub.opensolaris.org/bin/view/Project+comstar/ it looks like
COMSTAR does something similar to what FreeBSD's GEOM does now. GEOM is
an unified interface that enables all storage devices to be treated
exactly the same, whether they are raw drives, hardware or software RAID
arrays, iSCSI drives, disk images on existing file systems, HAST
replicated storage, ZFS zvols, etc. - they are all equal under GEOM and
can be mixed freely.

> and Infiniband!?

I know some developer(s) are working on Infiniband.