[CFT] ZFS v15 patch (version 3)

jhell jhell at dataix.net
Wed Jul 7 16:20:42 UTC 2010

On 07/07/2010 09:28, Patrick Donnelly wrote:
> Hi Martin,
>
> 2010/7/5 Martin Matuska <mm at freebsd.org>:
>> Dear FreeBSD community,
>>
>> there has been a ZFS-related discussion at the meetBSD conference in
>> Krakow, Poland and we agreed to push ZFS version 15 (and not 16) to
>> -CURRENT.
>
> This is great news! Sorry for the newbie question but does this mean
> it will be in 8.1 Release?

You can use this patch:
http://people.freebsd.org/~mm/patches/zfs/v15/stable-209274.patch

& This port
http://people.freebsd.org/~mm/patches/zfs/v15/sysutils_py-zfs.tar.gz

To upgrade your 8.1-RC2 install to v15 if needed. Please re-read
Martin's message for information about the revision needed before the patch.

	As in a previous message to the lists I have found this to be just as
stable as v14 and better than v13 but you will want to have backups of
your data or create your own ISO's after the patch has been applied
until a snapshot has been made for stable/8 that you can use to
recover/access a v15 zpool.

Good Luck,