[CFT] ZFS v15 patch (version 3)

Xin LI delphij at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 16:18:38 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jul 7, 2010 at 6:28 AM, Patrick Donnelly <batrick at batbytes.com> wrote:
> Hi Martin,
>
> 2010/7/5 Martin Matuska <mm at freebsd.org>:
>> Dear FreeBSD community,
>>
>> there has been a ZFS-related discussion at the meetBSD conference in
>> Krakow, Poland and we agreed to push ZFS version 15 (and not 16) to
>> -CURRENT.
>
> This is great news! Sorry for the newbie question but does this mean
> it will be in 8.1 Release?

No, 8.1-R is close to release so it's too late (normally no new
features would be added after the first release candidate so we can
have things tested more throughly).

A patch will be provided but it's intended for users who are willing
to maintain the code and can't wait for 8.2-RELEASE.

Cheers,
--
Xin LI <delphij at delphij.net> http://www.delphij.net