newsyslog patch implementing file includes

krad kraduk at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 22 09:15:14 UTC 2010

On 22 April 2010 08:33, Alex Keda <admin at lissyara.su> wrote:

> 22.04.2010 11:29, Gordon Tetlow ?????:
>
>> On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 12:17 AM, Alex Keda <admin at lissyara.su <mailto:
>> admin at lissyara.su>> wrote:
>>
>>    It's need feature. I test patch - it work for me (CURRENT, amd64)
>>    Can I use some as:
>>    <include> /path/to/dir/*.conf
>>    ?
>>    and can I create recursive include?
>>

>> Yes, wildcards and recursive includes are supported.
>>
> great job!
> Thanks!

i would be real nice is newsyslog also supported a date based file renaming
shceme rather than the cyclic 0,1,2,3, much like the datext option in
logrotate. eg

messages
messages.20100422
messages.20100421
messages.20100420

The cyclic renaming is a pain for incremental backups as all the log files
are backed up every time as their contents changes compared to their
filename