Malloc_init: Bad Malloc type Magic

pluknet pluknet at gmail.com
Fri Apr 16 05:09:38 UTC 2010

On 16 April 2010 04:53, Francis Provencher <francisprov at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have update my Freebsd Box to 8.0 last nigth. When i reboot it, i
> received this error message.
>
> Panic: malloc_init: bad malloc type magic
> CPUID = 0
>
> I can't anymore boot my box...

You most likely faced with this (from src/UPDATING):

1.594     rwatson   428: 20090419:
                    429:        The layout of struct malloc_type, used
by modules to register new
                    430:        memory allocation types, has changed.
Most modules will need to
                    431:        be rebuilt or panics may be experienced.
                    432:        Bump __FreeBSD_version to 800081.

If you have 3th-party modules from FreeBSD 7, it's time to rebuild them.

--
wbr,
pluknet