ZFS raidz and 4k sector disks

Alexey Tarasov me at lexasoft.ru
Fri Apr 9 11:14:10 UTC 2010

Hello.

I see considerably increased performance when creating over gnop -S 4096 virtual disk. Even when I create zpool over raw disks the performance is very bad and concurent writes stalls. When using gnop, zfs works VERY fast!

Btw, here is another discussion, may be there is a bug in a mav@ commit, because he has added support for >512 sector size:
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2010-April/016495.html

Превед Украине! =)

--