Intel H55 and em0

Thomas Gellekum Thomas.Gellekum at gmx.de
Thu Apr 1 15:57:24 UTC 2010

Jack Vogel <jfvogel at gmail.com> wrote:
> The device subfamily on those motherboards is called PCH, and its only in
> the em driver as of
> last December, The CVS delta of if_em is 1.27. You can either update to
> STABLE/8 or CURRENT.
> If you wish to just pull the e1000 driver directory it should work fine in
> 8.0 RELEASE also.

8-STABLE doesn't work for me. The ethernet device is not recognized, and I get warnings about interrupt storms on irq19 (atapci1), which I don't see with 8-RELEASE. That might be a matter of missing diagnostics in the release kernel (the numbers from 'vmstat -i' seem to suggest this).

The board is an Intel DH55HC with an i3-530. Sources for -STABLE checked out this morning; I simply built a GENERIC kernel.

tg
jetzt kostenlos herunterladen! http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/chbrowser