ZFS Crash

Larry Rosenman ler at lerctr.org
Tue May 26 20:34:17 UTC 2009

On Tue, 26 May 2009, Larry Rosenman wrote:

> I've started running the below script every minute from cron.
>
> If anyone wants to look at the data let me know (it's on a Resi DSL line, so
> I don't want to run an http server).
>
> I'm willing to give SSH accounts to @FreeBSD.org devs to look around.
>
> script:
>
> #!/bin/sh
> DATE=`date +%Y%m%d.%H%M%S`
> (echo "Uptime:";uptime;echo "vmstat -m:";vmstat -m
> echo "vmstat -z:";vmstat -z) >/home/ler/stats/${DATE}.stats

Just to make sure nothing really funky was happening, I blew away my
/usr/obj filesystem (zfs delete vault/usr/obj;zfs create vault/usr/obj)
and rebuild world/kernel and installed same.

During the reboot I turned off cron and moved the stats files to a separate
directory, so now my stats directory has a full history (at least as soon as
cron comes up) of this boot.

I'll see what we get when it crashes next.

I'm still very interested in helping to get to the bottom of this  and will
supply whatever information I can.

Please feel free to ask.

I want to help.

I can give ssh accounts to any @FreeBSD.org dev that wants to look around.

LER

Phone: +1 512-248-2683                 E-Mail: ler at lerctr.org
US Mail: 430 Valona Loop, Round Rock, TX 78681-3893