dummynet issues

Oleg Bulyzhin oleg at FreeBSD.org
Tue Dec 1 17:34:12 UTC 2009

On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 11:58:55PM -0500, Ben Kelly wrote:

> I actually have not measured my bandwidth to validate dummynet.  I have simply observed these messages repeating in my log:
>
>   dummynet: OUCH! pipe should have been idle!
>
> Under normal conditions I don't really need the dummynet rules to shape traffic for my configuration to work, so it has not been a high priority for me yet.  Do you see the log messages?
>
> Thanks.
>
> - Ben

It seems i've found the problem. Please test attached patch (it's for R8.0
sources and include r198845). I'm interested in some feedback:
1) does it solve 'OUCH' messages problem?
2) does it solve bandwidth problem (if there was any)?

--
Oleg.

=== Oleg Bulyzhin -- OBUL-RIPN -- OBUL-RIPE -- oleg at rinet.ru ===