dummynet issues

Ben Kelly ben at wanderview.com
Tue Dec 1 04:58:58 UTC 2009

On Nov 30, 2009, at 6:45 PM, Oleg Bulyzhin wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 03:38:50PM -0500, Ben Kelly wrote:
>>
>> I've also run into the problem recently on 9-CURRENT (last synced on 11/13/2009).  My configuration looks like:
>>

> My quick attempt to reproduce the issue failed. Perhaps i'm missing something.
>
> How are you measuring connection bandwidth?

I actually have not measured my bandwidth to validate dummynet.  I have simply observed these messages repeating in my log:

  dummynet: OUCH! pipe should have been idle!

Under normal conditions I don't really need the dummynet rules to shape traffic for my configuration to work, so it has not been a high priority for me yet.  Do you see the log messages?

Thanks.

- Ben