ppp not passing long packets (probably after MPSAFE_TTY)

Yuriy Tsibizov Yuriy.Tsibizov at gfk.ru
Sat Sep 6 12:01:54 UTC 2008

Ed,

I have one problem with ppp modem connection. I use mpd for dial-up
connections, but ng_tty is not working any more and I had to switch back to
ppp.

With ping -s 960 I'm getting ~0% loss, with ping -s 980 I'm almost always
getting 100% loss... But: modem TX light turns on on every attempt to send ICMP
packet.

Dial-up server is Windows 2000 RAS, and I had no problems with it for last five
years, mostly with mpd but ppp was OK too...

I can't say, was ppp broken before MPSAFE_TTY changes, but in 7-CURRENT days it
was in good shape.

Yuriy Tsibizov,
GfK RUS Network Administrator