latest rc.subr breaks etc/rc.d/sendmail

Giorgos Keramidas keramida at ceid.upatras.gr
Thu Mar 13 18:32:05 PDT 2008

On 2008-03-13 09:36, Mike Telahun Makonnen <mtm at FreeBSD.Org> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 5:53 AM, Gregory Shapiro <gshapiro at freebsd.org> wrote:
> > > Agreed.  We should probably consult gshapiro about this, and just do it
> >  > if there's no objection.  AFAIK, /etc/rc.d/sendmail is also used to
> >  > start alternative MTAs, so we can commit this patch for now, and think
> >  > about splitting /etc/rc.d/sendmail to something like:
> >  >
> >  >    src/etc/rc.d/sendmail
> >  >    src/etc/rc.d/sendmail-submit
> >  >    src/etc/rc.d/sendmail-outbound
> >  >    src/etc/rc.d/sendmail-msp-queue
> >
> >  I'd be cool with this and more than happy to provide code review.
> >  The four scripts would all need the same sort of logic to disable
> >  conflicting options (e.g., don't start a submit agent if a full MTA is
> >  running).
>
> Can yoiu take a look at the following patch please? It splits out
> rc.d/sendmail into its constituent parts. I've split out the logic to
> sort out conflicting options and rebuild the aliases database into a
> separate file in /etc/mail/sendmail.subr. The rc.d scripts simply call
> the appropriate routines in this file. In addition I've kept
> rc.d/sendmail but added the nostart keyword.

Thanks Mike :-)

This looks great, from a fast reading I did.  I'll install it on my
laptop and test it for a while.

If I don't get back to you in 1-2 days, please ping me again.

It's a relatively hectic week at work, so it may take a few
rc.d/sendmail start/stop iterations before I can fully test this.