IPSEC on 7.0-PRERELEASE

Bjoern A. Zeeb bzeeb-lists at lists.zabbadoz.net
Sat Jan 26 07:35:08 PST 2008

On Sat, 26 Jan 2008, gnn at freebsd.org wrote:

[ipsec options, etc.]

> Sorry to reply so late, I'm traveling at the moment.  In 7.0 we have
> moved to a single IPsec stack, that stack requires the "device crypto"
> line whether you're using software or hardware cryptography.  I think
> it's time for a documentation update but that will have to wait until
> I clear away some other $dayjob related work.  If someone is up for
> updating our IPsec docs I'd be able to help with that, just not do it
> completely on my own.

I think I updated all the man pages I was aware of.

I am not going to comment on the handbook. I think we should rather
remove that section, if noone has updated it (since FreeBSD 4;) and
maybe bring it back at a later time.

--
Bjoern A. Zeeb                                 bzeeb at Zabbadoz dot NeT
Software is harder than hardware  so better get it right the first time.