panic: System call lstat returning with 1 locks held

Attilio Rao attilio at freebsd.org
Thu Jan 24 05:18:58 PST 2008

2008/1/24, Yar Tikhiy <yar at freebsd.org>:
> On Tue, Jan 15, 2008 at 04:39:24PM +0200, Kostik Belousov wrote:
> >
> > I think this could be related to the recent vn_lock()/VOP_LOCK() KPI changes.
> > Please, add DEBUG_VFS_LOCKS to the kernel config, and do the
> >       show lockedvnods
> > from the ddb prompt when the panic occurs. The witness does not track
> > the lockmgr locks.
>
> I think I'm seeing the same panic on UFS.  It's rather nasty: I
> cannot rebuild CURRENT natively due to it so I have to build it
> under 6-STABLE.  My favourite way to trigger the panic reliably is
> running `make install' in a simple port directory, e.g., portmaster,
> but my system also panics during daily scripts run and, as already
> said, if trying to build world.

Yar,
as it seems reproducible for you, can you please add this patch to the tree:
http://www.freebsd.org/~attilio/debug_tdlocks.diff

compile your kernel with:
options KTR
options KTR_COMPILE=(KTR_SPARE2)
options KTR_MASK=(KTR_SPARE2)
options KTR_ENTRIES=32768

and once kernel panics, at ddb prompts do:
> show ktr

Thanks,
Attilio