DTrace for FreeBSD - status

John Birrell jb at what-creek.com
Wed Jan 23 16:07:50 PST 2008

On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 14:05:23 -0600, Andrew Gallatin <gallatin at cs.duke.edu>
wrote:
> What is the status of Dtrace in FreeBSD? I thought the original port
> was permantly stalled due to licensing conflicts over CDDL, and
> that John was starting from scratch.

Cisco is currently funding the port of DTrace to FreeBSD part of their
move to FreeBSD.

I am probably a week away from putting up a set of diffs for the
initial integration into CURRENT. See:
<http://people.freebsd.org/~jb/reasons/reasons.html> for the list
of changes/reasons. That page is still a work in progress.

As of today, the port passes 752 of Sun's DTrace tests.

FreeBSD developers with p4 access can build //depot/projects/dtrace/src
and get an up-to-date CURRENT with DTrace built in. "make universe"
works for all arches. The kernel modules are limited to amd64 and i386
at the moment.

--
John Birrell