Urgent problem - 7.x doesn't work on HP servers

Ivan Voras ivoras at freebsd.org
Tue Feb 19 12:56:52 UTC 2008

Eygene Ryabinkin wrote:
> Ivan,
>
> Mon, Feb 18, 2008 at 07:48:07PM +0100, Ivan Voras wrote:
>>> I have a couple of BL640c and older BL<something>p running 7.0 --
>>> no problems encountered.  While this is not the direct answer to
>>> your question, had you tried to update the blade firmware to the
>>> latest versions with Firmware Maintenance CD?  Sometimes it helps...
>> Thanks for the suggestion, but the blade server is deployed now and will
>> stay with 6.x until there's a reason to move.
>
> But you can try to update firmware images on the ML350.  Firmware
> Maintenance CD 7.91 supports this beast:

Updating the firmware didn't help. I generated a NMI and have the
debugger running. Apparently it's stuck in DELAY; the trace (transcribed
by hand) is:

DELAY()
vpd_nextbyte()
pci_read_device()
pci_add_children()
acpi_pci_attach()
device_attach()
bus_generic_attach()
acpi_pcib_attach()
acpi_pcib_pci_attach()
device_attach()
bus_generic_attach()

this stack goes on... note repetition of device_attach in the stack,
it's repeated at least three more times. I don't know if this is normal.

Any suggestion what to do while in the debugger?