strverscmp not detected missing

Peter Jeremy peterjeremy at optushome.com.au
Mon Feb 18 10:48:20 UTC 2008

On Sun, Feb 17, 2008 at 05:30:23PM -0500, Aryeh M. Friedman wrote:
>no strverscmp defined in the above version of FreeBSD (there was upto a few
>days ago) and configure incorrectly thinks there is namely the following
>line:
>
>checking for strverscmp... yes

If the aegis configure script is claiming that strverscmp() exists when
it doesn't then that is a bug in the configure script and nothing to
do with FreeBSD.

I have spent most of the past week fighting broken configure scripts
and my opinion of the GNU autotools approach could not get much lower.

--
Peter Jeremy