msk watchdog timeout

Pyun YongHyeon pyunyh at gmail.com
Fri Dec 26 09:00:08 UTC 2008

On Fri, Dec 26, 2008 at 08:14:36AM +0000, Bruce Simpson wrote:
 > Pyun YongHyeon wrote:
 > >Also show me dmesg output to see what revision you have(This
 > >information is not available with pciconf(8)).
 > >

 > anglepoise:~ % dmesg | grep msk
 > mskc0: <Marvell Yukon 88E8053 Gigabit Ethernet> port 0xc800-0xc8ff mem
 > 0xfe9fc000-0xfe9fffff irq 18 at device 0.0 on pci2
 > msk0: <Marvell Technology Group Ltd. Yukon EC Id 0xb6 Rev 0x02> on mskc0
 > msk0: Ethernet address: 00:15:f2:32:a8:8a
 > miibus0: <MII bus> on msk0
 > mskc0: [FILTER]

Thanks, it looks like Yukon EC revision A1.
According to Marvell's FreeBSD driver Yukon EC A1 requires
workaround due to silicon bugs. However the workaround does not
seem to work as you still suffers from watchdog timeouts.
Unfortunately Yukon driver does not show detailed description of
the bug and possible workaround for the issue so I just guess the
bug from the workaround code. That patch I posted removed old
workaround of Marvell and always try to kick Tx moderation register
if it is in stuck state in interrupt handler. Linux sky2 also seem
to use the same trick. Did the patch make any difference for you?

--
Regards,
Pyun YongHyeon