Undefined symbol "__mb_sb_limit" during 7.0-BETA1 installworld

Ken Smith kensmith at cse.Buffalo.EDU
Wed Oct 24 13:50:01 PDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-10-24 at 16:42 -0400, Tuc at T-B-O-H.NET wrote:
> > On Thu, 2007-10-25 at 00:20 +0400, Andrey Chernov wrote:
> > > Perhaps something is wrong in ISO making.
> >
> > Oops.  Yes there is.  New ones on the way.
> >
> > Sigh.
> >
> 	Will it be considered BETA2? Or BETA1 revised?

I'll name it BETA1.5.

> 	Is it possible to find out how the issue happened?

I had a stupidity leak.

I have scripts on my build machines that help me with the command line
arguments needed for the builds.  The set of build machines I used for
the BETA1 builds had "transitioned" from being used for the HEAD monthly
snapshots over to RELENG_7.  I forgot to add the RELEASETAG argument to
the scripts that do the build.  So the src tree that got used for the
build was really HEAD.

If you updated an older machine using cvsup this issue won't impact you
at all.  It's only people who installed off the BETA1 CDs for amd64,
i386, or sparc64 that would be impacted (other folks do the other
architectures).

Sigh.  Sorry.  Like I said - stupidity leak...

--
                                                Ken Smith
- From there to here, from here to      |       kensmith at cse.buffalo.edu
  there, funny things are everywhere.   |