PCC and FreeBSD in the future?

Steve Kargl sgk at troutmask.apl.washington.edu
Wed Oct 17 15:46:25 PDT 2007

On Wed, Oct 17, 2007 at 03:25:57PM -0700, David Leimbach wrote:
> On 10/17/07, Steve Kargl <sgk at troutmask.apl.washington.edu> wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, Oct 17, 2007 at 02:28:01PM -0700, David Leimbach wrote:
> >
> > http://llvm.org/docs/FAQ.html#license
>
> Google's not broken at all thanks... First hit for llvm-gcc shows the
> following.

And, the first hit of llvm is the llvm home page.  Read it and
the FAQ link above and you'll find that llvm isn't derived from
GCC.

> Are dictionaries broken in your little corner of the net?

I prefer my good old Webster's New Collegiate Dictionary,
which is sitting 2 feet to my left.

That fact that the llvm project uses the GCC C/C++ frontends
does not means that llvm is a derivative of GCC.

--
Steve