PCC and FreeBSD in the future?

David Leimbach leimy2k at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 15:26:19 PDT 2007

On 10/17/07, Steve Kargl <sgk at troutmask.apl.washington.edu> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 17, 2007 at 02:28:01PM -0700, David Leimbach wrote:

> > > just
> the
> mean

> for
> should.
> > >
> > > on the other hand llvm-gcc (and clang in the near future) compiles
> > > basically
> > > everything out of the box + its highly optimizing (yet still much
> faster
> > > than
> > > gcc) + BSD licensed.. ;)
> > >

> > It's derived from gcc yet BSD licensed?  Erm, how?
>
> It's not derived from gcc.  Google appears to broken
> in your little corner of the net.
>
> http://llvm.org/docs/FAQ.html#license

Google's not broken at all thanks... First hit for llvm-gcc shows the
following.

From:
http://llvm.org/cmds/llvmgcc.html

"The *llvm-gcc* command is the LLVM C front end. It is a modified version of
gcc that compiles C/ObjC programs into native objects, LLVM bitcode or LLVM
assembly language, depending upon the options."

Are dictionaries broken in your little corner of the net?

Dave