suggest renaming and extending the -CURRENT and -STABLE lines

Stefan Lambrev stefan.lambrev at moneybookers.com
Wed Oct 10 08:57:56 PDT 2007

Hello,

Christian Baer wrote:
> Hello people!
>
> Before you all bang around on my head :-) hear me out on this one. It's
> actually possible that someone has already made this suggestion and I
> haven't found that thread yet. If so, please point me in the right
> direction and I'll read up on it, before writing in this thread again.

This was discussed many times in -stable mail list (and probably on few
others?)
Anyway STABLE means stable API, so programs compiled on 6.2-RELEASE
should work on 6.2-STABLE

You can look for "ARRRRGH!  Guys, who's breaking -STABLE's GMIRROR
code?!" - very long thread,
but normally when something broke in -stable this thread start and start
again.

P.S. for me STABLE is very stable, and current CURRENT is even more
stable (at least on new hardware),
and I have both in production.

--

Best Wishes,